We were asked to carry out proposals for a major overhaul and extension of the existing 1950’s Parish Hall to provide kitchen, multi purpose room, crèche, meeting room, office toilets and entrance foyer.
Our initial design was immediately accepted with enthusiasm although reductions in finishes were required to ensure that the project met with the agreed budget. Our work involved many out of hours meetings with the Parish Committee and we carried out a full RIBA professional service from inception to completion.
Costs can escalate when working on older buildings due to hidden problems so it was essential that we kept tight control of the project on site. The building work was constructed by local builders in 2007 at a cost of approximately £500K.
The total transformation of the premises is admired by all in the local community.